We recently wrote a blog about how amazing the Alaska cruise is for couples and families so you may want to start by clicking this link to read that first – https://kosherica.com/alaska-a-breathtaking-kosher-cruise-for-couples-and-family/.
In this blog we will really explore Alaska and some of the breathtaking excursions that is has to offer.
- Helicopter rides over the glaciers. We always recommend booking this excursion through the cruise line directly to ensure that the safety protocols are of the highest standards.
- Dogsledding on the glaciers.
- Kayaking along the glaciers.
- Whale watching.
- Exploring the misty fjords in Ketchikan.
- Hiking or bicycle riding through Alaska’s beautiful terrain.
- Ziplining through the mountains.
If you are on more of a budget and/or you don’t want something that’s too strenuous, then we recommend the following day trips you can do on your own.
In any of these ports you can hop in a taxi once you get off the ship and easily get to any of these wonderful attractions:
- Macaulay Salmon Hatchery in Juneau – http://www.dipac.net/hours-and-tours/
- Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau – https://www.alaska.org/detail/mendenhall-glacier-visitor-center
- Jewell Gardens in Skagway – https://jewellgardens.com/
- The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan – https://alaskanlumberjackshow.com/
- Ketchikan Duck Tours – https://akduck.com/ – you will want to book these ahead of time.
We recommend that you find all the details well in advance and try and book whatever you can do on your own in advance of the cruise. Keep in mind that you should always arrive back to the ship at least 2 hours before the all-aboard time so that you are not at risk of being late back to the ship as the ship won’t wait for guests who are delayed.
If you are taking any hikes, make sure that you do your research ahead of time to make sure that they aren’t too strenuous for you and of course make sure to bring sturdy shoes and lots of water (you can purchase water bottles on board).
At every port there are some great little shops for you to peruse and buy little trinkets to take home as mementos. Just be sure not to spend too much time in any of these shops as the scenery and beauty of Alaska is breathtaking and you don’t want to spend more time than necessary indoors!
We can’t wait to welcome you on an incredible Alaska sailing soon! Click here for more information about our incredible 2021 sailings – https://kosherica.com/kosher-cruises/.