2023 GLATT KOSHER UK/ICELAND/FJORD/IRELAND CRUISES AND TOURS
Join Kosherica on one of Europe’s leading cruise lines to discover Iceland, coastal Ireland and the Norwegian Fjords.
WHAT TO PACK
Most of the time, you’ll feel comfortable in casual resort wear including light cotton clothing for all cruises. It is advised to bring breathable clothing to maximize your comfort. Be sure to also bring:
- A lightweight, waterproof coat or jacket, as well as a sweater or warm vest for strolling the decks of the ship and for glacier viewing
- A warm hat and gloves
- Men may want to add an extra pair of slacks, but they’ll find that the same basic dress theme works for them, too (there is no place in Alaska a man cannot go in a sport coat and slacks. Also, a dark suit is appropriate for dinner on board ship)
- Sturdy walking shoes for everyday use (two pairs are suggested) both leather, to stand up to rain if necessary, and a pair with a good arch support
- One or two pairs of dress shoes to accompany your dinner outfit
- Always go on www.weather.com for more info. You can get a 10 day forecast
Weather in Scotland and Iceland can vary greatly so come prepared. Temperatures in the summer tend to range from about 55 – 70 degrees.
Are they frozen airplane meals? Do I need to bring my own food?
Kosherica meals are absolutely NOT airplane meals! The food is freshly prepared on a daily basis made with glatt kosher gourmet ingredients and served beautifully on lavish buffets with multiple food stations and multi-course dinners plated on real glatt kosher, chalav Yisroel and pas Yisroel dishes and cutlery.
Kosherica takes care of all your culinary needs on the cruise. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided in abundance, as well as afternoon tea and late night snack. While onboard you should have no need for any additional food. In fact, expanding waistlines are the more common concern after being on a kosher cruise with us!
What if I have special food requirements or food allergies?
Here at Kosherica, glatt kosher, chalav Yisroel and pas Yisroel are just the beginning. We are very accommodating with allergies and do our best to provide alternatives to those with special needs. Please be in touch with us to discuss your specific requests.
Will there be a minyan?
Yes. Kosherica provides minyanim three times a day. A Torah is brought onto the ship for Torah readings. There is also a Daf Yomi shiur and fascinating guest lectures to help you connect with your spiritual side.
How does Shabbat work on a ship?
Shabbat on a Kosherica cruise is a unique and uplifting experience. Our experienced team has thought of every possible concern, from Shabbat minyan and Shabbat meals to locking doors, flushing toilets, and Shabbat elevator. From sunset to nightfall, Shabbat with Kosherica is a day of rest like no other on the planet. Kosherica’s lavish glatt kosher, chalav Yisroel and pas Yisroel five-course Friday night dinners and Kiddush lunches provide all the gefilte fish, Moroccan salmon, lox, herring, chicken soup, cholent, kugel and kishka you could wish for, topped with fresh salads, fresh fruit, meats and decadent desserts. Spend your day learning, reading, playing games, making friends and marveling at the serene seascapes and spectacular coastlines.