Candida lives in all healthy humans. In small amounts, it helps with digestion and absorption of food.
The healthy bacteria in our gut keeps Candida levels from overgrowth. Disturb that balance and the sneaky little monsters wreak havoc. Given the right environment, they become an opportunistic, nasty fungus. Any imbalance in the body helps them overproduce. Like an army of hooligans, COS breaks down the intestinal wall, enters the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts, which in turn cause Leaky Gut syndrome.
How does Candida grow out of control?
*Broad Spectrum Antibiotics. They kill the infection along with the beneficial bacteria.
*Diets high in refined carbohydrates, sugar and lots of alcohol.
*A weakened immune system.
*Diabetes, chemotherapy, and corticosteroid inhalers.
10 SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE COS
1. Skin, nail and toenail fungus, i.e. athlete’s foot.
2. Strong cravings for sugar and refined carbohydrates.
3. Leaky Gut and chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia.
4. ADD, ADHD, brain fog, difficulty to focus, depression, etc.
5. Serious auto immune disorders like lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Psoriasis, eczema, hives rashes and oral thrush.
7. Vaginal and urinary tract infections. Rectal or vaginal itching.
8. Severe seasonal allergies, itchy eyes, nose and ears. Sinus infections.
9. Mood swings, irritability, anxiety and depression.
10. Digestive: Bloating, constipation diarrhea.
Tests for Candida Overgrowth
Stool test – In a comprehensive stool test, the lab will check for candida in your colon and lower intestines. It can determine the type of yeast and the correct treatment for it.
Urine Test – This test looks for waste product of COS. It helps determine if there’s Candida in your upper gut or small intestines.
How to Treat COP
1. Get rid of yeast overgrowth – Switch to a sugar free, low carbohydrate diet. Simple carbohydrates are a big no-no. Cut down complex carbohydrates to one cup.
Diet alone will kill candida in 3-6 months. If you wish to speed things up, Nystatin, plus the anti-yeast diet will kill CO in weeks.
Caprylic acid, a derivative of coconut oil is the holistic option. It pokes holes in the yeast cell wall, killing it.
2. Rebuild the good bacteria – Take 25-100 billion units of probiotics daily to restore your body to perfect balance.
3. Heal your gut – Cut all foods that could harm your GI tract and cause inflammation.
Then sit back and watch yourself glow.